Position: Full-time Bookkeeper/Office Manager. This position offers hourly compensation, and a benefits package. This position is generally Monday through Friday with an occasional Saturday.
Location: Downtown business and cultural district, Greensburg, PA
Job Description: The following is a listing of the general expectations/responsibilities of the bookkeeper/office manager and is subject to change:
- MAINTAIN CONFIDENTIALITY: Any breech in confidentiality with either customer or company information is grounds for immediate termination.
- Maintain professional appearance and demeanor.
- Maintain organized office and filing systems, clean office area as needed.
- Answer phone and interact with customers and staff as necessary.
- Screen all calls.
- Greet customers/answer doorbell when store is busy.
- Help put jewelry into display cases each morning.
- Install accounting software updates.
- Order office/store supplies
- Manage Cash Receipts.
- Manage Accounts Receivable.
- Process Accounts Payable.
- Maintain Daily Reconciliation of point-of-sale integration with Point of Sale and Accounting software.
- Processing payroll and related payroll taxes.
- Maintain/Replenish Petty Cash Fund.
- Reconciliation of monthly bank statements.
- Process and file sales tax reports.
- Receive & process inventory, maintain accurate accounting of inventory status.
- Maintain inventory details/images for integration with website.
- Prepare monthly and yearly financial reports, assist with Annual Physical Inventory.
- In-Store Events – Work occasional evenings or weekends for events helping as needed.
A candidate for the position should be or have:
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles.
- Undergraduate degree in accounting preferred.
- Experienced with Quickbooks Accounting Software preferred.
- Experienced with Excel.
- Driven by a strong, career-oriented work ethic.
- Strong multi-tasking skills.
- Must be thorough, with strong attention to detail.
Apply for this position if you are interested in full-time employment with benefits working with a dynamic team of individuals in a family-owned business.