Hours & Directions
Position: Full-time Apprentice Jeweler in a family-owned jewelry store. This position offers hourly compensation and a benefits package with the opportunity for bonuses. The work schedule will require some Saturday hours. Evening hours may be required on a limited basis for in-store events.
Location: Downtown business and cultural district, Greensburg, PA
Job Description: As an Apprentice Jeweler, you will work with our team of experienced Jewelers learning the craft of jewelry repair, fine jewelry creation and watch servicing in a state-of-the-art facility. A goal of the position is not only skill development, but improvement of jewelry work shop productivity through assisting jewelers at various stages of the repair and jewelry creation process. At times, the position will require consulting directly with customers on the nature of work required for their jewelry and watches. Initially, the position will entail the following:
• Inspecting customers’ jewelry
• Cleaning customers’ jewelry
• Basic torch welding and laser welding
• Metal Testing
• Metal finishing and plating
• Changing watch batteries and watch strap adjustments
• Shop Inventory Management
• Packing of jewelry/stones for shipment
• Cleaning and maintaining a tidy and presentable jewelry workshop.
• Be vigilant and aware of safety and security considerations.
Expansion of responsibilities and corresponding compensation will be dependent upon the pace at which the Apprentice Jewelers develops proficiency of skills and his/her contribution to productivity of the jewelry workshop.
At Beeghly & Company, we strive to be at the forefront of jewelry manufacturing and repair techniques. In order to stay abreast of new techniques and store procedures, the Apprentice Jeweler will be required to attend periodic Team Meetings. There may be opportunities to travel to trade and training events.
A candidate for the position should be:
• A Team Player
• Driven by a strong, career-oriented work ethic
• Mechanical aptitude
• Strength and dexterity in fine-motor skills
• Passionate about quality and craftsmanship
A candidate for the position should have or be willing to pursue the following training:
• High School Diploma
• Jeweler’s of American Bench Professional Certification
Apply for this position if you are interested in full-time employment with benefits working with a dynamic team of individuals in a family-owned business.
We have jewelry professionals ready to help.
Contact Us Appointment